Upcoming Meetings - We have published several of our upcoming meetings to our EVENTS page.
- May 4, 2016 - 7pm - Techniques, Options, Advantages of Doing Digital by Ben Franklin, at Duke Homestead, Durham, NC
- May 21, 2016 - 8:30am - Genes and Genealogy DNA Workshop co-sponsored with NCGS, Patti Hobbs, St. Thomas More Catholic Church Friends and Family Hall, Chapel Hill, NC ($42.00 members, $52.00 non-members)
- June 1, 2016 - 7pm - Working with Historical Photographs by Kim Anderson, North Carolina State Archives, at the OWASA Community Center
- July 6, 2016 - 7pm - TBD
- Aug 3, 2016 - 7pm - Genealogy Roadshow - Annual Show and Tell
- Sep 7, 2016 - 7pm - "The Twain Shall Meet" by Susan Bailey
- Nov 2, 2016 - 7pm - Preserving Your Family Documents by Jennifer Blomberg, North Carolina State Archives
D-OGS is now on Facebook!
Visit the D-OGS Facebook page to exchange stories and photos about your Durham and Orange county ancestors; learn about upcoming events; and ask questions about your brickwall ancestors. Genealogists and researchers are on hand to answer your questions and to help you find the resources to aid in your research. Stop by and say “Hi!”
D-OGS Photo Gallery - We now have an online photo gallery. Check it out!
Surname Page - We are starting with a fresh Surname Page. Please visit your member profile and enter the surnames you are researching. This is a great way to connect with other people researching your surname. You should take advantage of this!
The Trading Path wins Award for Excellence in Publishing from NCGS
At the NCGS Annual Meeting held on October 3rd, 2015, D-OGS received the "award for excellence in periodical publishing for a journal published by a North Carolina genealogical society" for the Trading Path journal. Journal editor Ginger R. Smith received the award. Read more...
D-OGS Celebrates 25th Anniversary!!
On October 7th, 2015, D-OGS celebrated its 25th Anniversary! A great time was had by all, including several charter members like Shirley Mallard, Linda Skinner, Harvey Estes, Holt Anderson and Doris Hodges to name a few. Several members, new and old, spoke about their contributions to D-OGS and about D-OGS' contributions to the genealogical community.